2/08/2016

How stress ruined my health



Honestly, for the first few months of my treatment I wasn't really thinking about my disease. I just had my medication every day. I had some bloodtests. I knew I'm not going to die. For pretty long time that was enough for me.
But then I started to search the Internet high and low to get some information. I learned some more about my sickness, but there was one thing that really bothered me - like how do you get a prolactinoma ? Could I prevent the growth of the tumor? And finally - is it my fault? Well, it may be suprising, but now one knows how do you get a prolactinoma. It is not passed from parent to a child. It appears spontaneously and one person in ten thousand will develop it. But it turns out that stress can be a growing factor. Stress significantly increases the level of prolactin in your blood and eventually it might cause growth of the prolactinoma.  


So I started to think about my own stress. I realised that even if I don't suffer from stress now, there was a time when I suffered from chronic stress. It lasted more than a year. In 2013 had an exchange year experience in European coutry. Everyday life abroad and studying in a foreign language were a challenge to me, but I dealt with it. The real trouble maker was my home university. So instead of learning in exchange, I would study at two places in the same time. In February I stopped having my period and I felt exhausted. I thought it was just a result of being overworked and stressed. I blamed my new lifestyle then. After I came back to Warsaw I still "refused" to be sick. And finally, when the symptoms didn't pass, I get a bloodtest. I found out that my prolactin level was exceeded TEN TIMES. I got an MRI scan and was diagnosed with 7 mm pituitary adenoma.   

Stress ruined my health. It's hard to accept it, but it happened, I can't do anything about it. Decreasing prolactin and battling stress are two different things for me, cause prolactin is controlled by medication and stress in sometimes beyond any control.
I won't let stress ruin my life :)


This post was largely inspired by  this , this i and an article by T.J.Borchard:
http://www.beliefnet.com/columnists/beyondblue/2009/03/stress-kills-do-something-abou.html

Brak komentarzy:

Prześlij komentarz

Dziękuję za komentarz! Mam nadzieję, że spodobał Ci się post i zapraszam na następny. xoxo



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...